7.12.06

My Images (right) analysed

Many of the influence's that govern my work comes from exploring random sites and anonymous artists that I have found over the years. I very rarely stick to one specific influence nor do I prefer to keep my work in any particular style. However, influences that definitely have governed my work have been the work of American new poster artists. In particular, Angry Blue. Primarily the artist who works mostly under the seudonym of "Angry Blue" creates band art, CD covers and advertisement in still print.
I like my work to come out as if somewhat disturbed. Human figures often are the centre of the attention but rarely look like a normal human being. When someone views my work I would like to think they remember it for it's mis-shapen forms and techniques that give the figures a pained look. When something doesn't look quite right, but not entirely wrong, people tend to pay attention more closely and in the end remember it for longer.

Binannary
This image was created from a photograph of my girlfriend that I traced over using 1's and 0's. Binary + Anna = Binannary... get it? Clever aren't I?
This image (best viewed on a mac, for some reason) was created with the intention that it be shown on a massive scale. The image would only form once the viewer moved back from the image. It's not a very original idea but it is one like I'd like to explore further. It's very based on the art movement "ASCII".

Tale
I love forcing two images together. This is something that most media designers experiment with at some point in their lives. In this case the image of a cat + a woman were the only two images I used. As for influences on this one, they really do just come from the experimentation and browsing of art related websites.

Lick
I wanted to use the image of a beautiful woman, in this case a stripper, and then alter her face to make her appear less beautiful but without altering the dynamics of her face. I.e. no mindless nudging and warping but instead to overlay images on top of her. This again has been created using just two images. That of the woman and that of a scar from a boys arm.

Bent Over
This was a doodle, I like experimenting with form, such as in most of my images again it's a person. I love to take a recognizable shape and transform this into a still recognizable but somewhat crippled form of what it 'should' be.

Scared of You
This is very much influenced by the American poster art that I spoke of previously. The idea was to create a scene that was not explained. We know there's two figures, they look humanoid, but we can't work out why they're in this huddled position or from where/or what time they represent.

No comments: